If Timothee Chalamet’s insane popularity is any indication, and we think it is, men and boys with curly hair are the height of fashion once more. This also means that perm hair men ideas are increasingly becoming more and more popular. As a result, if you have straight hair but have always wanted to get wavy or curly hair, this is your shot. Choose perm hair men ideas to experiment with this fantastic hairstyle. We have put together the best perm hair men styles then you can try right now as well as some FAQs and tips and tricks that will help you look exactly like a celebrity!
Korean Perm Hair Men
There is absolutely no doubt that Korean men, especially the ones from the younger generation, adore curly hair. One of the ways they have found to get their hair as curly or as wavy as possible is the idea of perm hair men. We don’t need to tell you that the results they get are absolutely stunning. Given their amazing facial structures, they can easily pull off any hair length that has been permed. For example, this is a classic 90s boyfriends haircut with a wavy perm.
Short Hair with Perm Hair Men
One of the easiest and trendiest ways to style your hair is to go for a short haircut that you can then perm. If you choose to go for this hairstyle, you will be able to create very tight curls. They will retain all of their natural bounce and you won’t need to use any kind of product. If your hair is very short on the sides, you can also go for undercuts or fades. If you want, don’t be afraid to replace the tight curls with waves.
Perm Hair Men with Bangs
We won’t deny that getting a pair of bangs is one of the most daring styling choices a man can make. Bangs are not for everyone and you should know that from the get go. The simple reason is the fact that not every facial structure can accommodate a pair of bangs. Especially not a pair of wavy or very tight and curly set of bangs. As a result, we recommend that you speak to your stylist about this choice before you actually go through with it. If they agree and you have the right bone structure for a set of curly bangs, go for it!
Blonde Perm Hair Men
If you are trying to update your look, might we suggest a different hair color? It can go really great with your newly acquired perm. Having blonde curls will give you a unique look that will be especially attractive in the hot season. If you are really brave, you can also go for platinum perm hair men. However, we don’t recommend that you bleach your own hair at home. If you are intrigued or attracted by the idea of having sizzling white hot curls in the middle of July, please see a specialized salon that can help you!
Bradley Cooper Perm Hair Men
One of the most famous perms in the history of modern cinema is the one worn by Bradley Cooper in the movie American Hustle. He wears a short to medium length hairstyle that has been turned into an extremely tight perm. In fact, the curls are so small and tight, that the actor’s perm looks more like an Afro. If you like this hairstyle, Bradley Cooper can be your inspiration.
What Is Perm Hair Men?
Let’s define perm hair. To put it as simply as possible, the word perm is short for permanent. This would indicate that the hairstyle you obtain should last forever. But is that really true?
A perm hair men is the hairstyle that employs chemicals in order to change the texture of your hair. The idea is to get either curls or waves. The traditional technique asks for a stylist to wrap your hair in special rods. After that, he or she will put a special perm lotion on every single strand of hair. This lotion, which is infused with chemicals, will set the curls.
After allowing it to sit for a specified amount of time, the stylist will rinse the lotion out. It’s important to note here that because of the perm lotion your hair won’t dry completely. The last step of the process asks for the stylist to apply a neutralizer which will stop the perming lotion to act on your hair strands.
This is the basic or traditional way of doing a perm hair men. However, it is safe to say that the technique has improved greatly over the years. We now have both new versions and formulas that have completely revived the classic perm.
For example, stylists now use different types of materials instead of rods when they’re trying to curl your strands of hair. This technique is much more precise, especially if you want to achieve a distinct type of curl or wave.
Types of Perm Hair Men
If you’re interested in getting a perm this season, you should note that there are different types you can get depending on what you need. Let’s break these categories down.
Hot perm hair men
During this particular process, your stylist will apply an acidic solution to your hair. It will heat up as part of the chemical reaction to breakdown the disulphide bonds present in your strands of hair. Once this stage is complete, your stylist can mold your hair into whatever curl or shape you want it.
Cold perm hair men
The other type of perm you can get is the cold one. During this process, your stylist will apply a solution to your hair that contains ammonium thioglycolate. The idea is exactly the same as with the hot perm men. The solution will breakdown the disulphide bonds present in your hair and alter the protein structure. After that, your stylist will also have to apply a neutralizer solution in order to stop the curling process and to bring your pH level back to normal.
How to Care for Perm Hair Men
If this is the first time you are getting a perm hair men, you will definitely need some tips and tricks on how to take care of it or how to style it. Even if this isn’t your first time, and you have done this before, keep reading because we have some absolutely fantastic tips that will make sure your hair stays happy and healthy!
- Stay away from high heat – when it comes to perm hair men, don’t introduce a lot of heat to it while you are styling your hair. This includes curling wands and flat irons. If you can, take the temperature below 300 degrees Fahrenheit. If you go beyond this point with your styling tools, you might end up frying your hair. The reason for this is that you will literally be drawing all the moisture out of your hair. Not only that but you could risk straightening your hair and losing your curls for good.
- Always use products intended for wavy or curly hair – once you get your much awaited perm hair men, you will also need to change your hair care routine. This includes the products you have been using. It’s time to start using hair products that are tailored towards elasticity, hydration, and flexibility.
- Buy a high quality detangler comb – trust us when we tell you that, once you get a perm hair men, you will want a detangler comb. Don’t worry, they are very cheap. Even the good quality ones. But you will notice the difference!
The Pros and Cons of Perm Hair Men
Here is a must read before you go for the perm hair men hairstyle. We have put together for you a list of pros and cons that will help you decide if this is the perfect hair styling solution for you.
- It will add volume to your hair – if you have fine or thin hair, perm hair men is the perfect solution for you because it will add a lot of volume. In other words, your hair will instantly seem a lot thicker than before.
- Perm hair men requires little maintenance – in terms of styling you won’t need to do a lot. as a result, you can save a lot of energy, time, and money every single day instead of styling your hair all the time. If this is something that appeals to you because you have a busy lifestyle or simply because you don’t like or don’t know how to style your hair, then choose a perm hair men style.
- Curls are very attractive – this might seem like a subjective thing to say, but there are actually some experts who agree that curly hair on men is much more attractive than straight hair. Have you ever heard the saying “the curls that get the girls?” As it turns out, there might be some truth to it. Try perm hair men ideas, and see for yourself.
- Perm hair men requires a lot of commitment – although this hairstyle is not permanent in reality as its name suggests, it will still last for a good few months. As a result, you will need to commit to this hairstyle if you get it. In other words, you need to prepare yourself mentally for the idea that you won’t be able to change your hairstyle for a long time after you get it.
- The chemical solutions might weaken your hair – another thing that you have to keep in mind at all times is that the process of perming your hair uses very strong chemical solutions and lotions. Therefore, they might have damaging effect on your hair. Seeing as these chemicals weaken the protein bonds in your hair strands, your locks might break. You could also experience split ends and lose a lot of moisture from your hair.
- Perm hair men could make your hair frizzy and dry – this con is related to the one above. Seeing as the process of perming your hair uses chemicals that reduce the level of moisture in your hair strands, your hair could become very dry and very frizzy. As a result, you will have to use conditioner and hair masks.
Perm Hair Men FAQs
Let’s delve into the section that everyone loves. It’s time to answer some FAQs about perm hair men that we are sure you have.
Are perms permanent for guys?
Despite the fact that they are called perms, which stands for permanent, the hairstyles are in themselves not permanent. On average, a perm lasts for three months. But the length of time depends on how fast your hair grows, how long your hair is, what kind of perm you have, and just how well you have taken care of your hairstyle.
Do perm hair men ruin your hair?
No, they do not. It is true that a perm can damage your hair especially if the procedure in itself was not conducted properly. Or if you have not taken care of your hair. The reason is that both of these situations can change the properties of the chemical solutions your stylist used to perm your hair. However, if the procedure in itself was correct and if you have taken care of your perm, no damage should happen to your hair.
Can you undo perm?
Yes, you can. If you are tired of your perm, you can use a special type of shampoo and conditioner that will first cleanse and then hydrate your hair. You might also need to deep condition or even use a treatment with hot oil on your hair. The idea is to reintroduce as much moisture into your hair as possible, so as to stop the chemicals from continuously perming your hair strands.
What Do You Think?
Have you fallen in love yet with perm hair men ideas? Of course you have, otherwise you wouldn’t be here. Let us know your thoughts and ideas in the comment section below! And don’t forget to check out our other articles because we have loads of other stuff that will keep you entertained!